Wednesday, January 6, 2010

They'll Tear You to Pieces

Well, here goes my first "conversation." I decided to start this blog for one reason: to release my internal dialogues. It's sometimes hard being a SAHM, essentially alone on an Island out in the Asia-Pacific realm. I have friends sure...but do my friends want to sit around and listen to me talk all the time? No. As for my friends at home, are they even awake at this hour? No. This time difference makes connecting with people difficult.

I type to you tonight because I am frustrated. I am frustrated by something that shouldn't really matter. It's come to my attention that being a devout Christian, one who is firm in her convictions, makes me become someone who "sits high on her horse looking down and belittling others." Why? Because I believe in something other than you do? I don't understand why it is so hard to accept that I may have true faith in Christ and the Bible and that true faith means that I don't just 'tolerate' other religions or theories as an acceptable alternative.

I love people. I care for them. If I had it my way everyone would know the grace of God, His love and His salvation. --Man, how frustrating and heart breaking must it be for God! I do not look down on others for believing differently. I don't think I am better than them. I don't think I am smarter. I feel that I am blessed for knowing the Lord and I only wish to share it with those who might one day come to know Him. Do I shove it down their throat? No. I don't go parading around like some pious saint. I am a sinner, I am human.

Why is that certain people find it so appawling that I don't believe that we some how predetermine our fate based on what we believe...i.e. someone is Buddhist and they reach enlightenment and subsequently nirvana some day while another is atheist and dies and becomes a tree? Why is it such an offense for me to believe that there is only one truth? As a true person of Faith in Jesus I believe in what He said. He is "the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father" but by him. (John 14:6). I truly believe that. I wouldn't be a real Christian if I didn't. The way I see it, yes everyone is perfectly entitled to make their own choice of what they believe or what they do not but at the end only one truth will prevail. This opinion or belief system of mine does not mean that I want to persecute those who do not agree. It does not mean that I point and laugh at them or call them names. I do not think they are loved any less by God. We are equal in His eyes. Do I make friends with non-believers? Yes. Do i judge them for their beliefs? No, but I do pray for them.

I feel like we as Christians have become weak in tolerating the world. We give way to the sins and misguided tendencies of cultures because hey, that's what we do in this day in age. We need to be strong, steadfast in our faith. We need to remember what is truth and what if farse. We need to stand up for what we believe in and stop trying to blend in the crowd to be accepted. We are not of this world...we are of God.

It's so hard to put into words what I feel right now. I'm just sad and frustrated. Sad that I can't help others see what I see. Frustrated that I am being accused of being a bad person because I have a firm belief in something. I don't want to take it to heart because I know it's not true. I know where my heart is and I know that I really just want to share the good news with those I know or don't know. It is their decision to believe it or not. It is not up to me.

God just gave me this verse:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matt. 7:6

He's right. No need in wasting my energy debating about faith vs. science. vs. religion with those who refuse the Word. It is not my battlefield.

Goodnight dear keyboard, it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment